CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Im now F!

Ohh yes that time has come, I am now FFFFFFFFFourty. 40. 40? 40? How the fuck did that happen?


So how did I celebrate it? Being a bloody slave to my family of course.

My sister in law V, who I will say I don't know very well as I have always lived away from Melbourne for the 10 yrs she has been in our family, decided that my brother, herself their 2 little kids and my Mum would come visit me for my birthday.

They came to my town on Friday, it was raining, great for our town of farms not great when you have a 4yo & a 2yo. I was expected to "entertain' everyone because they were on holidays..WTF?? it was MY birthday. They whined about everything. The pizza they ate that I paid for($65) was shit, the weather was cold and I had told them that we have had been having nice weather of late, none of the shops were open, (It was fucking Anzac day for fucks sake), they didn't want to go out for my birthday dinner and suggested that I cook them a BBQ, Pigs arse!! We went out for dinner, of which Pete and I paid for. Sunday we went to our farm, I drove, paid for all the fuel, drove them around the farm (Not all 33,000 acres of it though) cooked a BBQ, drove home, that was a total of 8 hrs driving.On the way home I got a phone call from SIL who said she had ordered Chinese food after we told her that we didn't want any as we were still full from lunch. I went in to pick it up on the way home, $81.00..Did anyone offer to pay?, NO! not including fuel, I spend $150 on dinner, drinks, ice creams etc just on Sunday.Not once did anyone offer to pay for anything!!! Then Monday I had changed my meetings to Tuesday so I could drive my Mum home so she wouldn't be squashed in the back of the car with 2 little kids. I ended up taking the little 4yo with me (who was a delight). Mum whined the whole way home, when I told her to shut up as I had had enough, she said to me, Well Cheryl You did want me to come with you. Well no Mum in fact I didn't I was doing YOU a favor.
When we got to Mum's, and gave the child back to her parents, Mum invited brother and SIL in they said, No cause they were too tired from the trip! FFS, I did all the driving, all the entertaining, and fucking paid for everything. They didn't even thank me for having them. I had to listen to constant digs at me such as, well you are now 40 Cheryl, you can't do this and can't do that, and your hair, it is way to dark, you look like a 40yo trying to be young again. (Mind you my Mum is 67 with bleached blonde hair! I was telling Mum how I was doing weight training, and I showed her my arms, she said, Hmm well I guess you don't look that bad.

Ohh my fucking god! I'm so bloody glad I live 6 hours away from my family!

2 comments:

Friday said...

Firstly, a big fat happy birthday to you. MWAH xxxxx

Secondly. Im also glad you live far away from them!!!

We love you and we think yr hair looks great! lol

xxxx

Cheryl said...

Ta for the birthday wish Miss F, you know the old saying, "you can pick your friends but not your family"
Way too true in my case..LOL