CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Picking finished for the year!

Yay! All of the oranges are picked for this season.
Number of injuries this season:
*2 Wasp stings
*Countless ant bites, One bit me on my eye ball! I kid you not, I was looking up and it fell in under my glasses. The little bugger wouldn't let go even when it was dead. It took a pair of tweezers to dislodge the fucker! It hurt like hell!!!
*Way too many bruises.
*1000's of scratches. Did you know orange trees have thorns on them?? I bet you didn't.
*Not one ladder fall.
All this was just me, the others had pretty much the same except for the ant in the eye *Grin*
We have Valencia oranges.We sell them for juice.
So think of all the poor pickers when you pour your morning juice.
We decided to pick our own this year, as with all farming there is bugger all earned when we sell it on. I really don't mind picking , I just hate the wildlife..LOL
We have almost organic fruit, I say almost as I'm not 100% if there are any sprays or treatment in the water. We will be spraying and fertilising this year, will make for a much better crop.

Okies Bed for me now!

XXX

2 comments:

Friday said...

Your eyeball? Your frickin eyeball? LMAO.. You make me laugh so hard, I cant believe the stuff that happens to you. I hope yr doing better! I shall think of you every day now when Im having juice. ; )

Cheryl said...

I know Miss F. If dumb shit is going to happen it will happen to me! Im still on track to visit late this month!
XXX