CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Walking Wilma

As most of you know from past posts, I have lost my licence for 6 months for speeding. Well loss of points from speeding in fact, not doing something really silly.
Today was my first non licence shopping day. (I did loose my licence last Wednesday but was too sick to care, I'm feeling 90% better now) Its so amazing the stuff you notice when your walking. I don't live far from town, about 3-2kms, but I live in the country. On the side of town I live there are mainly farms. About 12yrs ago the farm we live on was sub-divided, so there are a few smaller blocks (less than an acre) and a few larger blocks (3 acres, like mine). Ours was one of the original farms hence the reason my house is about 80+ yrs old. Most of the burbs is on the other side of town where the newer homes and most of the new estates are. With me? Good.
I noticed that almost every car that pasted me slowed down to look at me. That there is a local bus service. I noticed that heaps and heaps of people smoke and that there are some weired people around. I guess i noticed as when I was in the main street I didn't have the safety of my car to go to. I was quite organised with where I had to go so I didn't have to back track too much. Bank, Pharmacy, fruit shop, supermarket etc. I got my fruit and veg delivered the same with my groceries. Meaning I had very little to carry home. I was about 150ms from my driveway, walking past a neighbouring farm, when a big truck stopped not far in front of me. There was no reason for this truck to stop there. Alarm bells when off in my head. I took heaps of notice of this truck, name and number on the side etc. The guy got out whilst watching me and got under the trailer. I made a wide birth past him and he wasn't doing anything under the trailer, just watching me. I quickened my step and he called out to me. "Have you got far to go with all those bags?" ( I had bugger all with me) I yelled nope I'm only a few houses away. He watched me walk all the way home, then drove off.
I wonder what would have happened if I didn't quicken my step or have taken a wide birth??
Just goes to prove you should listen to your sixth sense!!

BTW; Walking isn't all that bad and my arse is thanking me.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you still know the details, ring the company and make a complaint so that if he does it again, or is a rapist motherfucker cunt, your phone call will help nail him.