CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 2, 2007

Skin Grafts and Tears.

Hi ya on this Friday night.
I thought I would have a blog and a de-stress. As we expected my son did need a skin graft to his arm. We thought today would just be a dressing change but one look from the surgeon who sent us straight to the childrens ward. After a few hours of waiting he had surgery at 4pm. He was such a brave man who requested a PSP cause he was so brave! As im a mean Mum i said Nope. (Shhh Santa is bring him one!) All the tears came from me! I didnt let him see me cry but it is heart breaking to see your child put to sleep knowing whatever happens is out of your control! It is almost 10.30pm and he is asleep at home now. He is on so many pain killers and antibiotics, I even have to wake him though the night to keep his pain relief up. I feel like i have a new born again...LOL, with no bloody sleep. Of course to top all this off we have visitors coming from Melbourne for the weekend, and ive done bugger all housework. Well tuff I think. Im bloody good but im not wonder woman.
We go for a check up on Wednesday. No school atleast until then. He even has plaster on his arm to keep the graft in place.
Im very pleased to say that I couldnt have asked for better staff looking after us both. I guess the ED nurse was having a bad day, not that i have seen her since.

I took some photos of Mr 11 before he went to sleep, I will post them next week as i doubt i will have time for blogging over the weekend.

Have a fantastic weekend all!

Cheryl :)

PS::: Its raining again tonight! gotta love that!!

1 comments:

Waffles said...

Poor little bugga!!! Well he should be on the mend from now on!!
Hubby bought his gsx 1400 yesterday..*sigh* big boy and his new toy!!
Enjoy your visitors and your weekend

Emx